Updated: Sep 28
Trees of Life Campaign
The Interfaith Collaborative invites you and your faith community or group to partner with the Human Trafficking Task Force to give specific local trafficking survivors (identified through the DA's Office Victim Witness Program) a special blessing this holiday season. The Trees of Life Campaign is a way we can make visible the fact that we are all connected to one another: like a tree, each part nurtures and brings life to the other parts. When one suffers, we all suffer; when one is lifted up, we are all lifted up.
Join us in giving life to our local survivors by adopting one or more Trees of Life. Terri Speier (our Tangible Needs Organizer Extraordinaire) has organized individual Trees of Life, each with an estimated cost to fulfill all of the requested items for that Tree. One special Tree contains items to bless a certain survivor along with her family, as they will be together for the holidays. To adopt a Tree of Life:
1) Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a Trees of Life packet. In return, you will be given a master list of items with corresponding printable tags, to be hung on your designated tree.
2) Designate a tree (it could be a mini palm tree, an olive tree, an evergreen tree, etc...one that signifies life to your faith community or group) in an area that is visible to your faith community or group.
3) Decorate your tree with tags listing items (with their estimated price) that would be needed to bless particular local survivors.
4) Ask people to take a tag home with them and bring back either the item itself listed on the tag, or a $ donation to buy that item, by December 15th. Keep track of who takes which tags (on your master list), so you can contact them if necessary.
5) Return the collected donations and funds to Terri Speier (email@example.com) by December 15th, who will deliver all Trees of Life items to the DA's Office.
This is the season when we as people of faith celebrate miracles that break into our world in unexpected and wondrous ways, bringing life, light, hope, and joy with them. Let's see what we can do together to pour out special blessings on our local survivors this holiday season!
Thank you for your compassionate heart in action!
The Leadership Team